Seeing Rabbits/ Which Came First the Chocolate or The Egg ?

Another Australian public holiday in the name of a tradition that means little to some and generally inspires a great mass outburst of consumerism !
This year I consumed one small chocolate egg which was a highly anti-climactic bit of compound chocolate with perhaps too much sugar and vegetable oil (possibly palm or canola oil) ...
Perhaps if it was a higher quality Easter egg I may have succumbed to the compulsive chocolate gluttony I remember so well from Easter as a child. Some others out there may remember it as just the other day, or may still be eyeing off a stash of chocolate eggs in the corner, perhaps guiltily stuffing the little choccy eggs into their mouths or more reflectively smoothing out the unwrapped colourful foil...
Writing this particular post makes me feel like a magazine or newsaper columnist, the type who writes what could be called coffee time spack filler, the inane outpourings of a journalistic hack that distracts many a reader from reflecting on deeper and more pressing issues. I'm sure something such as this has been writtten many times before...
My Easter compulsion was the creation of the little illustration you see above...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home